TechSpot

SEVERAL blue screen errors

By mrduck1997
Oct 23, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HELP! My computer has been crashing forever!

I keep getting blue screen errors such as these: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; BAD_POOL_HEADER and it lists minidump things and its really confusing me. I brought this computer to a professional and they couldn't figure it out. Dell tech support hasn't solved it either. Anybody know what's wrong? These errors come at random times, some days it only crashes once or twice, some days it crashes every 5 minutes. Help! :blackeye:
  2. ru1thirst

ru1thirst TS Rookie Posts: 79

Hey mrduck, same type of problem here. I'm new to this site too and found out how to post and attach your minidump files from the admin here. You are a step ahead of me because you at least started you own thread. Now I think you just have to attach your minidump files in zip form here in your post and somebody will look at them and see if they can help you.
  3. mrduck1997

mrduck1997 TS Rookie Topic Starter

im so new to windows how do i get the minidump files
  4. ru1thirst

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump at least that is where mine are at with xp. I'm learning day by day too.
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this thread HERE follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  6. mrduck1997

do i need to get ALL of the minidump files? i have several that would take about 30 folders when zipped.... :eek:
  7. ru1thirst

I'd just zip and attach in your post the last 3 or so since you've been experiencing the problems. Hopefully they will all show the same problem and you can take it from there. I should probably just stay out of this for I too am just learning but the last 3 are what I did and Howard was able to tell me that I had the same problem in all 3. Driver with my wlan card.
  8. howard_hopkinso

5, or 6 of your latest minidumps should be ok. If we need any more after that, we`ll let you know.

Regards Howard :) :)
  9. mrduck1997

here are the 5 last minidumps hope u can do something with them :slurp:
  10. howard_hopkinso

From looking at your minidumps it would appear that you have some sort of hardware problem.

Start by testing your ram as per these instructions HERE

Once we can rule out your ram, then we canstart looking for other possible causes.

Regards Howard :) :)
  11. mrduck1997

so u think it is some sort of RAM problem?

12. howard_hopkinso

I`m saying it may be a ram problem, or could be something else.

If as I think it`s a hardware problem, it can be very difficult to find the culprit.

So that`s why I said start with testing your ram first.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.