Shadow Brokers leak more NSA hacking tools as a protest against Trump abandoning his "base"

midian182

Staff member

Shadow Brokers, the group that released secret NSA hacking tools last year, has come out of retirement. In a new Medium post, the team has released a password giving free access to files it had previously tried to auction off – supposedly because it’s losing faith in Donald Trump.

The Shadow Brokers first appeared last August, announcing that it was selling exploits used by a computer-intrusion operation called the Equation Group, part of the NSA’s elite Tailored Access Operations program.

The group released two files – one free and one encrypted. The free file contained specialized NSA malware and included two previously unknown security holes in Cisco routers, reports the Daily Beast. The password for the second file was put on sale for 1 million bitcoins, or around $600 million.

Unsurprisingly, nobody took up the group's offer. Following more NSA leaks, the Shadow Brokers posted its retirement message, along with some Windows-related vulnerabilities, in January. The timing of the announcement – eight days before Trump was sworn in – raised more suspicions that the Russian government was backing the group.

The Medium post is seen as new evidence of the Shadow Brokers’ possible links to the Kremlin. It is heavily critical of Trump and comes just after the US bombed Russian ally Syria.

Dear President Trump,

Respectfully, what the fuck are you doing? TheShadowBrokers voted for you. TheShadowBrokers supports you. TheShadowBrokers is losing faith in you. Mr. Trump helping theshadowbrokers, helping you. Is appearing you are abandoning “your base”, “the movement”, and the peoples who getting you elected.

Good Evidence:

#1 — Goldman Sach (TheGlobalists) and Military Industrial Intelligence Complex (MIIC) cabinet
#2 — Backtracked on Obamacare
#3 — Attacked the Freedom Causcus (TheMovement)
#4 — Removed Bannon from the NSC
#5 — Increased U.S. involvement in a foreign war (Syria Strike)

Security researchers examining the unencrypted files say some of the data appears to be decades old and much of it focuses on Linux-based systems. Edward Snowden said it’s “nowhere near” representing the entire NSA toolset, but contains enough information for the agency to identify how the leak happened and where it originated.

Permalink to story.

Heard about this the other day. Didn't ask the question then, but it seems obvious now.

The U.S. deep state interests want an invasion force in Syria. Trump's top intel advisor, General McMaster, has expressed his desire for 150,000 in ground forces. He's trying to sell regime change.

Who benefits from regime change? Qatar. They want a natural gas pipeline running through Syria to undermine Russia's position as Europe's primary nat gas supplier. It would also serve to advance Islamic interests in the region (Assad has a track record of protecting Christians in the region while fighting "rebels" along side Russia).

Who in the U.S. benefits from that? Goldman Sachs and its major Mid East clients (the Saudis), among others.

So then... Why aren't these 'Shadow Brokers' going after the puppet masters (GS et. al.)? I'm all for whacking the horse when it goes in the wrong direction, but it seems none of these self-proclaimed Knights of the Order have anything to say about the carrot-wielding suits on the side of the road.

Heard about this the other day. Didn't ask the question then, but it seems obvious now.

The U.S. deep state interests want an invasion force in Syria. Trump's top intel advisor, General McMaster, has expressed his desire for 150,000 in ground forces. He's trying to sell regime change.

Who benefits from regime change? Qatar. They want a natural gas pipeline running through Syria to undermine Russia's position as Europe's primary nat gas supplier. It would also serve to advance Islamic interests in the region (Assad has a track record of protecting Christians in the region while fighting "rebels" along side Russia).

Who in the U.S. benefits from that? Goldman Sachs and its major Mid East clients (the Saudis), among others.

So then... Why aren't these 'Shadow Brokers' going after the puppet masters (GS et. al.)? I'm all for whacking the horse when it goes in the wrong direction, but it seems none of these self-proclaimed Knights of the Order have anything to say about the carrot-wielding suits on the side of the road.
There's an old saying: It takes two to tango. IF it is being driven by the puppet masters, then there must be complicity somewhere in the administration. IMO, there are no balls involved if the puppets don't resist the master.

We all know the result the last excursion in regime change brought.

I'm shocked that this being a tech site, that I'm the first one to go this route when reading the words "Shadow Broker": Mass Effect's Liara T'Soni :) (I know its a very serious subject and all, but still......)

OH PLEASE ... I come to TS to avoid all this BS. If I want to listen to an entertainment site, I can go to CNN or FoxNew. :'(

Back