Shadow Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with my 64mb geforce 4 mx 440 agp 8x.

When i play a game i notice the shadows and decals glitch in specific games, like if you move, part of it will dissapear and reappear. most of the time the shadows just flicker and look cross hatched and square. Are there any drivers that can fix this? I've already upgraded my geforce drivers to the latest version but it still does it. thx

Could it be DirectX? That seems strange. Did you completely uninstall the old drivers before applying the new ones?

BTW
:wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

depends what the game is - check the readme to c if there are any issues with that card
if it is quake3 engine based then the dynamic shadows have never been very good

Steg

I have DirectX 9.0B and i'll try to uninstall the old and install the new drivers
And the game is Half Life 2 Source Code

Let me get this straight.

You're asking the people here to troubleshoot unfinished software, leaked onto the net in a very spectacular yet wrong way. Software that you probably shouldn't have gotten your hands on in the first place.

Am I correct so far ? :confused:

I'm sorry if i offended you hardcore Half-life fans, But seeing how the source code is not for sale, i'm sure it won't be too bad to download it. Besides it just makes me want to buy the game when it comes out even more and i do not believe this is pirated software. I'ts not even the complete game. Maybe i'm wrong...i dunno.

The Shadow Glitches are a hardware issue because it does not do this with my friends Gefore 4 ti 5600 128mb.

ROFL - "I do not believe this is pirated software". How funny is that?

if ur using the HL2 source code - then its most likly that either
HL2 does not properly support ur graphics card yet
or
the drivers for the mx440 have a shadowing bug in somewhere

but it is safe to say that if this problem is not in other RELEASED games then its a beta bug and will b removed from the final version.....

now about this HL2 sourcecode.......where did u say u found it :D
yes im a hardcore HL2 fan - and the leak discusted me - but now its leaked it cant hurt - i have the same attitude over the Doom3 leak - it was totally and utterly wrong - but now its a waste not to try it is it?

Steg

ps - W00T! 200 posts!!! :bounce: ....ahem....

Okay

i hope it will be fixed in the final version if not it's probably the Geforce 4 and i am gonna raise some cash...a lot of cash and get a nice ATI 9800xt 256mb. Besides April is quite aways away... I might be able to get one by then.

I got the source code from my friend which probably got it off kazaa or some file sharing prog. I don't mean to disrespect or offend anyone that might not want to download the source code because they think it might hurt Sierra, but to tell you the truth it really helped me like the game even more. It's like a really good demo.

Yes, if your playing an alpha version of a non released game there are many many issues that haven't been resolved yet, the game obviously isn't optimized for your video card nor hardware, many bugs exist that the developers know about but your not playing the full game so they haven't been removed yet. It comes with the territory. You should expect a lot more problems than that while playing an alpha.

now all that is left to do is sit down and wait for valve to get the game finished and released.....
i have to raise some cash for a new graphics card...and a new PSU and for that matter a new blue CCLF - i broke my last one :( so atleast now i have the time to do that before HL2 comes out

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back