TechSpot

Sharp shows 3D screen likely used in DS successor

By Matthew
Apr 2, 2010
  1. Like it or not, 3D technology is being rolled out this year, and it's not just destined for big screen TVs. Nintendo last month revealed plans to incorporate the technology in a new handset, the 3DS. Today, Sharp unveiled what could possibly be the display Nintendo is using in its DS successor.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,559   +598

"Some folks point out that the screen must be viewed head-on and held around 30cm away for optimal 3D effects -- and images are a bit blurry regardless."

Hoo boy...PLEASE let me jump in on this bandwagon. :p

3. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 640   +56

Me too! Me too! (yeah...maybe in five years or so when we see either a more mature tech or the end of a hype)

4. DryIce

DryIce TS Rookie Posts: 60

That's cool!

5. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

Consumer voice and choice is gone, they want us to buy their technologies as soon as they come out.

Digital TV laws will be replaced with 3DTV laws in a few years, just watch the FCC and congress get lobbied to do it once again.

6. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 253   +19

I love the propaganda generated by the coorporate giants, telling you must buy in to their latest 3D farce.

Their brainwashing tactics put the Chinese to shame.

Doesn't work on me anymore, not since I spent a bundle on Betamax.

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Yeh, because I often play my DS at crazy angles...

8. the system will use what is known as lenticular technology. All I can imagine is that after 30 minutes of playing you'll need 4 hours of rest to let the headache pass.

9. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

Is it worth Getting a 3D tv Yet? I still not got a HD TV yet, but will be buying a new TV soon.

10. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

that's why 3D is still best with glasses ;) ...

it will happen & from the little that's been shown, it's quite impressive, as long as you are not 10 to watch the movies or play the games & you accept the glasses.

cheers!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.