Shdocvw.dll outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackf89

I try and run a program and i get

runtime error '372'

Failed to load 'webbrowser' from shdocvw.dll. Your version of shdocvw.dll may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application

How do i get a new copy of this dll file or fix it?

thanks

can someone go more indepth to what a bootdisk is and why i need it. All i want to do is try to overite shdocvw.dll file but when i try and copy and past one into the folder it is in from the one i dowloaded from dll-files.com it wont ovewrite.

On a more conservative, you can try this and see if it will resolve the problem. It calls for a Registry Edit so back up your Registry before you begin:

To change the Shdocvw.dll error messages

1. Start> Run> regedit> OK.

2. In the Registry Editor window, click the plus signs in the left pane to go to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \InternetExplorer

3. Click the AboutURLs registry key.

4. In the right pane of the Registry Editor, double-click the error message you want to change in the Name column, and then, under Value data, type the complete URL. For example, type:

http://my server/my folder/my error message.htm

5. Close the Registry Editor> then restart Internet Explorer.

Tip If you make a mistake that results in your computer not starting properly, you can restore the registry. For instructions, see the Registry Editor Help topic, "Restoring the Registry."

Source: Microsoft TechNet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back