TechSpot

shift key popped out on keyboard

By hockeyplayer15
Dec 30, 2006
  1. I searched and found out how to re-attach it, and i could see how, but does anybody have a tip to get the middle plastic part to attach to the metal latch? I doubt model matters, but its an inspiron 9300, and i can only get the bottom to connect to the keyboard. Any help is appreciated.

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

it's better just to replace it. keyboards are relatively cheap.

3. hockeyplayer15

hockeyplayer15 TS Rookie Topic Starter

true, i might end up doing that, i can temporarily just touch the circle if i desperately need to use it, or use the right shift key.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,657   +323

Aren't Inspirons laptops? Replacing on that isn't cheap, I don't know how they go on, but you should be able to find somewhere online that knows.

5. hockeyplayer15

hockeyplayer15 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I looked around, ebay, dell's site... I can get the keyboard for anywhere from $15-25, and the installation is simply a matter of screws and a ribbon cable attached to the mobo. It shouldn't be too hard to do from what I have gathered, but I still would rather get that damn shift key back in.

p.s. yes, its the 9300 laptop

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.