Shock ran up ground wire and into power supply, computers no longer loads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few days ago i was plugging my pc and monitor in. as i was plugging in the monitor the ground wire for the cord to my power supply got to close to one of the positive and negative terminals on the monitor cord as i was plugging it in, there was a huge shower of sparks and a shock ran up the ground wire and into my power supply. I would like to know what parts may of been damaged and what i would need to do to fix the problem. The computer turns on but nothing shows up, for a few seconds when it first starts up everything sounds normal, the cpu makes a little clicking noise like it always does when its functioning but a few seconds after boot up nothing at all happens. the screen is just blank, i know its still sending some kind of signal to the monitor otherwise it would just say,"No Input Signal" and then go into stand by.

Hi

the PSU is most definately stuffed, just pray the board hasnt taken a battering as well, the fact that the monitor isnt saying no input is normal when plugged into the PC even with the power off, it says no signal when you unplug it from the PC only, and is not a sign that the board is ok.

I hope the motherboard is fried, I just bought it a month ago and how would i go about fixing the PSU? or do I have to buy a new power supply?

Well unless your an electronics engineer then its a new one your going to need to buy,and i think you meant, "i hope the motherboard isnt fried"

Well thanks for the help Ididmyc600, i guess i gotta make a stop at the computer store. and yea, i hope my motherboard "isn't" fried, i make alot of typos when typing to fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back