Shoot! What's the name of that game!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusthazard

I remember this game, from like 90-95 (not sure when) where you moved from screen to screen, and there was time travel. I remember some guy with some kind of space-age eye piece or something... I think. But, the screens moved around like in Myst or Riven. I think there were elevators in the space age buildings and had some kind of door with a telephone-like pad where you entered a code or something...

Shoot! I really wanna find this game and play it again but I don't know the name. If any of you can help me out...

Thanks!

Also, I remember this distinct screen where I moved in the wrong direction and found myself hanging on to the side of a cliff. Saw nothing but my hand. Not sure if I died tho...

Like 10 minutes after I posted this... it hit me. Journeyman Project Turbo! Thats what it was called. lol. Well, if you want, talk about Journeyman if you want. lol, I just ordered it off ebay for 7 bucks. :D

Thanks!

lol, I don't play console games really, but I kind of knew what you were talking about. Didn't know the name of it either though :).

No console here. :D Good ol' fashion early PC gaming. I can't wait to get it... Brings back memories of all those cool games I played on my first computer. =D (Hmm, Kings Quest comes to mind.) And that really buggy AD&D DOS overhead scroller.

Oh, I could go on and on.

Thanks!

Ooo Kings Quest hehe. I used to play that too. I used to love games like that.. Kings Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, Future Wars, Leisure Suit Larry, etc... lol

I found myself hooked on those adventure games - Guild of Thieves, Corruption etc. I would love to know where to get these. Also does anyone know where I can get Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - remember the old text adventure?

Lol, I've still got many old games that I never finished playing. One of my favourites (and very similar to journeyman, going by your description) was Bioforge. It won't play on win98 or winxp, only on Dos, so I haven't been able to go back and finish it yet. Maybe a good emulator would do the trick, but there aren't any 'good' emulators for Dos, and certainly, none that are easy to use.

Bioforge http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=126 looks like something I would be interested in. Who knows, maybe I'll end up picking it up off ebay some day.

Back in the day, I had a heck of a time with my patience trying to get those older DOS games with annoying memory managers to work. Now, I'm seeing a lot of Windows ports for the Ultima series trying to pop up. I've been playing Ultima 7 a little bit using Exult, a program that I picked up off Sourceforge.

Anybody else got any classics they remember playing?

I especially like Daggerfall, the predecessor to Morrowind.

DH

AH, nostolgia time! For the C64, in no particular order:

Sid Meyer's Pirates! (You know it, you love it)
Wasteland (They should teach about this one in high school history class)
Bard's Tale 1,2,3 (How many sheets of graph paper were wasted because of this series? Heh)
A Mind Forever Voyaging (Best Infocom text adventure ever)
The D&D Gold Box games (I actually played through the 4 Pool of Radiance games with the same party)
Neuromancer (Still the best cyberspace game made to date)

Man, I could go on and on. Anyone else?

Originally posted by WeinerDog
AH, nostolgia time! For the C64
Choplifter and Spy Hunter, I had a couple others, notably one where you basically climb ladders the entire game, but I forget what its called.

Originally posted by SNGX1275
I had a couple others, notably one where you basically climb ladders the entire game, but I forget what its called.

Reminds me of a game I had on the Atari 700, it was called Montezumas Revenge. I loved that game.
Pac Man, Missile Command and all those were great at the time. I also loved Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Leisure Suit Larry, Syndicate & Syndicate Wars, Full Throttle, Tie Fighter, Wing Commander Series, BioForge, Under a Steel Sky, Universe...

Loads of PC and Amiga classics :D

Funnily enough Nic I was talking about Bioforge the other day on another forum ;)

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144847&highlight=Bioforge

Bioforge was definitely a fine game, full of puzzles and mixed with action. I wish more games had *realistic* story driven puzzle solving elements, like Bioforge, instead of the *find key, open lock* variety that seems to be the norm today. I really must finish that game someday.

Other great games I bought were Little Big Adventure, Fade to Black, Magic Carpet (1 & 2), UFO Enemy Unknown, Chronomaster, Inferno, Mortal Coil, Crusader No Remorse, The Dig, etc. - I've still got all those (and more) to finish off ... LOL. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back