Short but hopefully insightful.

By S7eele Rayne
Sep 12, 2007
  1. I am an IT professional of 20 yrs. About 5 as a cable jockey and computer tech and then I started to specialize in networkig. This included high tech networking activities such as standing up enterprise network monitoring systems that notified the correct people and actually made the correction if possible.

Because this was fairly early on, late 1980s and early 1990s, I had to do a lot of it with the base protocols as vendors had not yet embraced the technology. Only point, I used several different tools in order to obtain the functionality in products like CA Unicenter and the sort.

I also spent a great deal of time doing security related network taskings, firewall configuration and maintenance, Intrusion Detection System (IDSs) and the sort.

Now I do mostly administrative work in the same line of business. I hate to say it but I am slowly turning into a beancounter. Married, kids, job, thats about it. And of course I am desperately trying to tweak as much out of the outdated system I have as possible. One thing I have found across the net is that I need the bios "tcb432l.bin" but I haven't been able to do so yet. It seems as if all links have been sent to another site. If there is anyone that can help me get hold of this file I would be truly grateful. If you can tell me how to buy from ???. Not wanting to do anything illegal but I think I am stuck with this system for a while, at least for one of my kids. Trying to run Oblivion on it is next to impossible. Got all the best tweaks I think, the update/modded bios is what I need.

If you can help in any way, please, would really appreciate any help you can provide.

I have an Emachine t3256 and am basically talking about the opening posts in this thread. Upgrade the bios to unlock important bios settings, etc!!!!!
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello S7eele Rayne and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Please post any questions/problems you may have, in the appropriate Forums.

It`d probably be a good idea to open a new thread for your problem in our Cpu`s Chipsets and Mobo`s forum.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. S7eele Rayne

S7eele Rayne TS Rookie Topic Starter

Introduction Response

Thanks for the quick response. Hope I didn't break any rules yet, I have now visited each of the links you provided, and all links referenced within. I am downloading everest now for my specs, I could write it up but I am probably waiting for the output of everest. I have done a lot of searching of the internet for this particular issue, best bios upgrade, for a T3256 eMachine. From what I have read, I am looking for TCB432l.bin. Not sure whether this is breaking a rule or not, if so I will certainly stop. But if I could get a copy, I think I could work out the rest in the right forums.

Will definitely post my config once I get everest.

Thanks for the welcome!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.