Should I be Concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I was booting up the system and It went to found new hardware when I loged on. Well I didn't install any new hardware. It turns out to be the multimedia audio controller. I searched for the drivers but it did not find anything so I disabled it. The kicker is that I have sound and everything seems to be working fine. Should I be concerned? Does anyone know?

Take a look in your device manager, and see if there are any items with a yellow or red symbol beside them.

It sounds to me as if you have a 3rd party PCI soundcard and the on-board audio disabled.

Several kinds of BIOS changes can occur that can cause a previously disabled on-board to suddenly be enabled. I'd hit your BIOS (usually done with DEL or F1 during the initial post/mem tests) and see if your on-board soundcard is disabled... if and only if you indeed do have a PCI aftermarket installed and working.

I have A creative audigy 2 zs it is working fine there is a sound card bilt into the motherboard do you think this could be the problem?

Well, it's not really a problem if it's simply being identified as a Multimedia Controller. This means the drivers aren't installed.

The best solution would be to go into the BIOS and simply disable the on-board/integrated audio. It should remove the entry from your computer as it's basically unused hardware. No need for it to initialize and hog possible resouces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back