Should I buy rx 580?

I am building a complete new pc as my parents promised me to buy me a mid range pc .
In past , I had a potato pc.

I am really looking forward to buy sapphire nitro+ rx 580 .
Bt some of my friends have suggested geforce 1060 .

As I said..I had a potato pc and I have no experience whatover.

My friands has said nvidia has better driver and vram really doesnt matter.
And there is no such a thing as future proofing.
Sapphire-Radeon-RX-470-Nitro-8GB-1-pcgh.jpg

And other people also said that I will have problem to run amd gpus .

Can someone discuss about it elaborately please?

N.B. I have seen all kinds of benchmarks, so benchmarks isn't necessary. I am asking for user revies.
Thanks in advance .

I picked up an RX580 4gb for 199 bucks. Love it so far. It was cheaper than the 1060 and I only game at 1080p so its more than enough. You wont have any issues with it. AMD cleaned up their driver issues long ago. I would say as far as stability goes, they are neck and neck (and I have used Nvidia the last three generations). I say go for it and save some dough for something else in your build.

I picked up an RX580 4gb for 199 bucks. Love it so far. It was cheaper than the 1060 and I only game at 1080p so its more than enough. You wont have any issues with it. AMD cleaned up their driver issues long ago. I would say as far as stability goes, they are neck and neck (and I have used Nvidia the last three generations). I say go for it and save some dough for something else in your build.
Thanx

Currently the 580 are faster than the 1060, specially the special models like Red Devil, Golden Sample.
Clocks by default over 1425Mhz.

If you're able to find it for msrp, then I would go for it. However, with the mining craze about, gtx 1060s currently cost around $270-$300 US, while rx 580/480s cost from about $300-$350.

Back