Should I end anything? logfile attached

By sw123
May 29, 2006
  1. Hi

I recently got HJT and I was wondering if someone could look at my first logfile and if I should fix something.

System specs:

Intel celeron 2.60 GHz
    768 MB RAM
    PNY Verto GeForce FX5500 dual vga 128 MB ddr PCI video
    Windows XP home sp1

and i have an epson printer. logfile is attached.

Cheers, sw123
  2. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

You're pretty clean :)

Before anyone thinks skipping the instructions is something they might do, I asked him to post this. lol. The fact it's pretty clean demonstrates why. :)

Run HJT, and let it fix...

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
    All 016 entries

/* fix this one below if you are looking to change your home page. */

If you are trying to speed up your machine, I can only recommend that you uninstall the Norton stuff and replace it with something less bloated, like the free AVG and ZoneAlarm or Sunbelt Kerio for your firewall :)

For security reasons, you should probably update to SP2, and install the numerous hotfixes that have been issued since then too.

3. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 595

I'm fine with norton. Ill just keep it.
  4. sw123

Something is a little creepy. When you said install winxp sp2, I found the update in automatic updates, but it says to 'back up your system' how do i do this and im a little creeped out about it.
  5. Spike

As long as you know what your doing - Norton does slow machines considerably, and has been found to contain some pretty serious vulnerabilities of late, to mention just two things.

It's your choice :)

If you're suspicious of the file, download it dierctly from the site.

If it recommends that you backup your machine so that you have the option of uninstalling it afterwards, it's a perfectly normal message and nothing to worry about.
  6. sw123

Question: HOW do i back up my system? what does it mean?
  7. Spike

we're crossing posts here. If the message is as above, select the option to backup that you are presented with, and it will do it for you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.