Should I upgrade to W7 from XP?

By Disturbed88
Aug 9, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Everybody, I have been using XP since 2002 and i must say it has served me very well, But its gettin old and i have been thinking about upgrading to windows 7. i have been told it runs as good as XP but is everything Vista wasnt and more. I read a couple of reviews and they both said it was worth the upgrade however i always come here when i have techy questions. My question is this: How will W7 run on my rig compared to XP? Here are my specs..

Biostar GF8100 M2+TE Mobo
    AMD Athlon 64 2.7Ghz Dual Core
    2.00GB DDR2 RAM @ 667Mhz
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS
    200GB Seagate SATA HDD

Thanks to anyone who reply's to my post! :D
  2. Clinkzehffs

Clinkzehffs Newcomer, in training Posts: 85

You might need a gb of ram or two in my opinion.
  3. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

WXP is not old. It is good, and may remain among the best ever. It is certainly better for most users than is VISTA. Windows 7 will be better, but wait until the third week in September or the Second week in October after all the college student purchases are over. Watch for Windows 7 deals now.
    Save your money on memory and stuff until you can get the one you want with Windows 7.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.