should techspot have a for sale/ trade forum?

should techspot have a for sale/ trade forum?

• yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • no

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

somekid007

i just have to say a lot of other forums (anandtech, sharkyextreme, etc.) have for sale/ trade forums. since we are (almost) all nerds here, i think it would be a good idea if we had a for sale/ trade forum where we could buy/sell/trade tech stuff and anything else we wanna get rid of. anyone agree?

While I agree that it is a good idea, I've also seen some of these "for sale" forums on other boards and they tend to be breeding grounds for spam, scams, and just general BS.

I'm sure it would be possible to impliment it here at TS and it would be a good thing to have, but it would likely need to be heavily moderated(meaning it would need almost constant attention from the moderator)

I also think there would have to be a set of fairly strict guidelines of what is and is not allowed to be posted in said forum.

Having said all that, I think it would be a good addition to TS, if it is found to be overall worth the effort.

PS: can a moderator please move this to the Suggestions forum?

There have been a for sale forum but it was removed just due to the reasons Stormbringer pointed out.

Back