TechSpot

Show of support for new name!!

By farmer
May 3, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. I don't think it would be out of place for all members to show Julio an OK sign for the name change. It must have been hard for him to decide to do this and it's really a trick name and will catch on fast. Great work and good luck!!!

2. Whack0

Whack0 TS Rookie Posts: 169

the name totally fits this place. in my view, this place was more like for gaming with the name '3dspotlight', but now focuses more on the pc/hardware side with the name 'techspot'. i think the idea of changing the name has been on julio's mind for quite a while, and i'm glad to see it finally implemented. :grinthumb

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,577   +343

I definitely had the idea on my head for a long time, however we needed a really good name... I always thought of TechSpot however it was owned by IDG, finally I got them to sell it to me :)

4. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

The new name is OK I suppose, I see why you have changed it - the broader scope of the new name.

5. T-Shirt

T-Shirt TS Rookie Posts: 329

I think its a good change, and better shows the broader scope of this site. There is the danger of the loss of name recoqnition during the change over, as some who knew the 3DS name, may not associate the new name. But with enough publisty, I think most will return.

6. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

It's all about business, guys!!!!

7. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

Truthfully, I hadn't noticed until I saw a post about it, I think it was day before yesterday. I like it though, it's quite a catchy name.

8. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

It's still the same site with the same great forum and the same great content with the same great people that run it.

I think the new name better suits the place.. But don't "get too big for your britches".. hehe!

9. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

Should catch on a bit easier due to the likes of "Gamespot"

10. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

I like the new name alot..It definately defines the site much better. Its nice to see the change..

11. julks

julks TS Rookie Posts: 21

One more vote here.
    The new name is very cool!

12. Spliffmeister

Spliffmeister TechSpot Paladin Posts: 527

another vote for Techspot here, although as long as my shortcuts and favourites to 3dspotlight work, I will continue to use them. I feel also that the new name does reflect the content fo the site - anything 'techy' really eh?

keep up the good work 3DS (or should that be TS):grinthumb

13. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,581   +103

I don't like it.

Well its not that I don't like it. I was just used to 3ds ;)

14. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

This was why I tried to run a poll the other day - to find out what people thought of the new name.

15. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

After a week or so now Im used to it. I guess I liked "3DSpotlight" alot but Techspot better suits the site. We dont just talk about 3D technologies.

16. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

Would be as waste of a poll though ;)
    The names staying.

17. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Agreed, it's your house, we all just live here :)

18. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Ironically 3dspotlight seems to be working better then TechSpot. I still think the name change is for the better.:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.