Shut Down problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is that my PC doesnt shut down on shut down button. It just shut monitor of but all cooler fans and HDD led stays active (i can´t wake him up). Shut down button in my OS (vista 64-bit) is red and adjusted to turn of cpu, but it just does not work. I must turn of CPU by holding turn of button on my case for 4 sec, and that realy gets on my nerves!

I beg for help and apologise on bad eng!

I may be wrong, but the "shut down button" you are referring to in Vista might actually be for standby/sleep. When you click on your start menu and see what looks like a power symbol and a lock there should also be an arrow to the right of those. Click this arrow and then choose the appropriate action there, such as "shut down".

I may be wrong, but the "shut down button" you are referring to in Vista might actually be for standby/sleep. When you click on your start menu and see what looks like a power symbol and a lock there should also be an arrow to the right of those. Click this arrow and then choose the appropriate action there, such as "shut down".

allready try that...same efect :(

Hey yorkSmoker

Right click on your Taskbar at the bottom of your screen and select Task Manager... From the Shut Down Tab select "Turn off" and see if that works.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back