Shut down problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
When ii shut down,there`s a program {ccApp} that does not responde,and stops the comp from shuting down .HELP!!! any suggestions.

Yeah, ccapp is a part of Norton Antivirus.

It always brings up an "end program" window when I shut down, but all I do is hit "end now" and it stops.

If just hitting "end now" works, you might as well just do that. If you do hit that and it still keeps the computer from shutting down, try reinstalling Norton. I actually recommend getting rid of Norton and installing either of the free AVG free or Avast antivirus programs (but not both). However, it's up to you.

If you decide to remove Norton and have any trouble uninstalling it, check out this thread HERE. (if you're wondering why I have it, this isn't my computer :D )

Regards :)

I completely agree with KattyKit about getting rid of Norton.

However to deal with the short term problem,this is what Norton say -

STEP 1: Delete temporary files Run a tool to remove temporary files.
(CCleaner would do) Restart the computer.

If the problem persists, continue to

STEP 2: Turn off floppy drive scanning on shutdown

1 Start Norton AntiVirus.
(If Norton AntiVirus is installed as a part of Norton SystemWorks or Norton Internet Security, then start that program.)

2 Click Options.
3. If you see a menu, click Norton AntiVirus.
4 In the Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box, in the left pane, double-click Auto-Protect.
5 Click Advanced.
6 In the right pane, uncheck Scan floppy disk in A: for boot viruses when shutting down.
7 Click OK.
8 Restart the computer.

From HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back