Shuttle wotn shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokecan72

hi, ive got a shuttle SN45G and it wont shutdown, if i click on start then shut down it just restarts, same if i press the power off button on my keyboard. anyone know how to get it to shutdown????
cheers:)

A sure way to turn it off is to hold the power button on the case down for 4 seconds but that's not recommended as it cuts the power, it doesn't give the OS the time to save the work, etc.

Have you looked into the BIOS, maybe it's set to reboot instead of soft-power-off.

thats what i do, but when i switch it on after at the post bit it just says system is in safe mode and it clocks my processor down to what it was when i first put it together. im gonna check the bios thing in a min, i think ive seen it in the bios, not sure tho. will check in a min
cheers

just tried the soft-off thing in the bios. theres only 2 options instant off and delay 4 secs, think its for if you push the power button. any more ideas?

What happens if you push the power button once real quick while Windows is running ? It shoudl either initiate the shutdown procedure or set the PC in sleep mode. What does it do for you ?

Hi cokecan72, are you running windows XP? If so it is setup by default to restart if it detects a software problem when you shutdown. If you go into control panel>system>advanced you will see a section called "startup and recovery".
If you click on the settings button, under "system failure" there is an option to automatically restart. If you clear this, the next time you try to shutdown, rather than restarting it will show an error message, hopefully from the message you can determine the cause of your problem.

dude, you are a genious. i am usin xp and that sorted it. the error was a driver for the nforce chipset. i deleted it and it shutsdown
thanks all
:)

Always glad to help when I can, it makes a change for me to answer someone elses question rather than me asking it.

I have been called many things in my time but never a genius. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back