Shuttle x ST61G4 fan not running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fan in case is not running ( alum. case is abit hot ) causing unexpected shut down, I don't know how to go to fan settings/speed adjustments, can't find in control panel....

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!

Is this a new system? Was the fan working before and suddenly stopped?

Fan settings are not found in the control panel, but instead, in your system's bios.

You can also open up your case and make sure the fan is properly connected either to your motherboard or directly to your PSU.

Good luck!

And also while you have your case open, i suggest a good dusting with a compressed air can or other methods, as well as inspecting the fan if it has been damaged (wear/tear or unaturaly) or sorts..

Thanks

It's a 1 1/2 yr. old pc, thanks a lot for your reply but after dusting & remove/reinstalling the pins to the m.board, it worked again, I'll observe & keep it running.. tnx again. :)

Same problem

My Shuttle is currently suffering the same fate...rear fan is not coming on at all, and thus the PC seems to shut down due to overheating issues. I tried going into the BIOS setup and changing settings, but nothing seems to work. Help?

DonNagual said:
You can also open up your case and make sure the fan is properly connected either to your motherboard or directly to your PSU.
N3051M said:
And also while you have your case open, i suggest a good dusting with a compressed air can or other methods, as well as inspecting the fan if it has been damaged (wear/tear or unaturaly) or sorts..

have you done troubleshooting steps suggested above?

Now here is your next step.

Since the pc is working, we can assume the motherboard is functioning correctly.. but to be sure, can you see what RPM you get on the chasis fan(s) and cpu fan in a hardware monitor (bios, speedfan etc)?

after that, take out the fan from the case, and look to see damage on it or smell of burning etc.. try to gently spin it with your finger. observe if it is a free spin or restricted (doesnt want to move) or if it behaves different...

then, if you have access to a 12v source (or whatever the fan is rated for) or a multimeter test the fan with it..

any other info you'd like to add? it may or may not be related to it, such as the environment, hardware/software changes and tweaks you've tried... anything...

Same problem with my shuttle

My shuttle's fan died about 4 months ago. Actually, it was the fan motor driver that died. On the main board, there is a second fan motor driver hookup. I have been using the second driver for the last 4 months. However, that driver just died tonight. They are obviously overdriving the motor drivers. I guess it is time to buy a Dell.

Mike

I was able to get my system back up and running. I purchased a fan controller from xoxide.com. It fits in the 3.5" slot. The one dissadvatage is that you can only fit one hardrive once you have it. The following is the model I purchased:

Logisys Digital Fan Controller - 3.5" Black $19.99

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back