Siemens SK65 - Reading audio file trouble

By unD!
May 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, there!

I recently obtained a Siemens SK65 from my dad, as he purchased a new phone. Anyway, I've connected it to my computer, but I noticed it doesn't read Mp3 files. I had a browse, and there were a few .wav files. So, I converted a song of mine to .wav and sent it over, but when I open the file, it says 'Play Failed!' I tried few more out, and none of them worked. I understand the phone also plays midi files, but I couldn't find a good converter. It's most likely the same situation. Is there perhaps another way of putting songs onto it?

Also, I read a few reviews of the phone, and they all say that it has 64mb of total memory, but when I checked my phone (Via my PC - My Computer > Siemens Device > properties) it said it had 8.26mb total.

Anyway, it's entirely possible these are ridiculous questions, but I honestly have no idea! ><

Thanks in advance, guys! =)
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

some phones have their own formats and may not be able to play MP3s. I suggest you get with the manufactuer.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.