Signal Error, Ram, G card, cpu, mobo, psu are fine.... Still Signal error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a little bit of help here! Ive just turned on a pc which I havent used in around 6 months, and its giving me SIGNAL ERROR. I have tried 2 graphics cards, 2 monitors but still. I have tried different RAM, no difference. The CPU is seated fine and fans working. PSU is giving power to IDE drives i.e dvdrw & hard drives. Tried different IDE cables... And the mobo cant be dead, the sound card is working, ethernet adapter is flashing..... Anyone got any ideas? If I get any good advice theres a few gigs of webhosting in it for ya :) Thanks all. Also I do not recieve any beeps... but my other computer is working fine I dont get beeps on that either!! lol

replace cmos... now ive fiddled with tthe front mobo plug ins.. power sw, led etc.. Now it wont boot!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh HELP!!

now its booting... ive tried clearing the cmos and no affect.. Ive tried another monitor again no effect. Anyone else got any ideas :evil:

Is it out of the question that the mobo just might be bad? Did you try the vid cards in different slots? Maybe it's just that PCI slot or the AGP that is bad?

Yeah its out of the question, it was working perfectly before. And its been kept safe within the 6 months. Nothing could have damaged it, im going to try different slot now.

Take that AGPcard out, clean the gold contacts (on both sides) with an eraser. Blow off the remnants, then put it back in. Probably 'oxidized' contacts!

Do the same for RAM and any other cards.

Has to be the PSU

Just because the PSU is powering up your drives and fans does not mean that it's 100% functional. They make PSU testers that you can order for pretty cheap. It seems the power supply is the one component you haven't replaced yet.

Ive given up !! Lost it off for £200 today. Gonna buy a new one, thanks so much for your help you lot!! Your amazing!! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back