Signed Dale Earnhardt Racing Card. Worth?

acidosmosis

I've had a signed Dale Earnhardt racing card since I was about 9 and the card is dated somewhere around 91 or 92. It's a actual NASCAR racing card, pretty much like the baseball cards that we all own except it's racing. I sent it off years ago and got Dale Earnhardt to sign it. It's in mint condition and I am really curious how much this card would be worth now.

Does anyone have any idea how I can find out? I'm very curious what the value on something like this is. I've looked around and NO ONE that I've seen has an actual racing card, much less one that was signed by Dale Earnhardt. Most people have all the more common items so I'm thinking this might be worth a good bit of money.

I also have a signed Richard Petty card from about the same date too.

You go to a different community lol.

You go to a tech community for tech support...

a fitness community for fitness support

so why not a nascar community for nascar support...

I thought I'd never say this to you... but search! ;) :) :grinthumb

u might be able to get it proffesionally graded, my old boss bought some old marvel mags in a garage sale, got them graded and one was worth close to 700 dollars. just be sure the grader company isnt a cheap 'rubber stamp' style place, they should seal the card after its graded etc...

The fist thing to do would be to look for NASCAR collectibles and see if you can find the card, possibly even find it signed and see what it goes for. You might also be able to go to a sports/comics dealer in your area, ask him what he'd give you for the card, you can prolly get more for it than that, but it would give you an idea as to its value.
I would think that both cards would fetch a nice price, since both drivers are legends in racing, not to mention that everything associated with Dale Earnhardt shot up in value after his death.

Sounds like alot Acid!

I did a search on eBay (even though you probably did already) but didn't get much, none from around '92.

Good luck!

Man, I hate to make this post. I was at 1234, I thought it was a great number, but alas, I have to watch people fall down cause I am posting here which is something I haven't done in awhile.

Anyway, The Petty card will not bring a great price yet. The King will sign anything you send to him or put in front of him and he is in the record book for most things signed at 1,000,000+ so I would give up on that.

The D.E. thing I would hold for a few more years. He is dead so the value is only going to go up. If I where you, save it for your kids or grandkids!!

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Man, I hate to make this post. I was at 1234, I thought it was a great number, but alas, I have to watch people fall down cause I am posting here which is something I haven't done in awhile.

Anyway, The Petty card will not bring a great price yet. The King will sign anything you send to him or put in front of him and he is in the record book for most things signed at 1,000,000+ so I would give up on that.

The D.E. thing I would hold for a few more years. He is dead so the value is only going to go up. If I where you, save it for your kids or grandkids!!

I remember you!!!! I also remember when you had more posts than me :)

I almost won that contest too...:(
(Julio used a random number generator to select out of like 20 people the winners...if I remember correctly)

But that's good advice from someone who knows the auto racing industry more than I...

Personally, I'd hang on to both of them, especially the Earnhardt card, but thats me. I'm a huge NASCAR fan and had a lot of respect for the Intimidator.

One thing you could always do is check out a sports memorabelia store. I know there are plenty around here that sell things like this. Give that a shot and see what they say, but if I were to guess it would be worth quite a bit as MANY MANY people loved DE.

Veh, I did a search before I asked. I also did a search on Ebay and saw that no one really has any actual racing "cards", which makes me think I have something that is pretty valuable.

I also tried to find some website's with this kind of information but I wasn't sure what to look for exactly because I never was much of a collector I just happened to get into it for a bit in about 5th grade along with everyone else in my class.

Not really sure if I will sell it all. I'm mostly just really curious how much it is worth. You've got a million people selling paraphanelia that is signed but almost none that are selling racing cards. Do they even make them anymore because I haven't seen them in years.

Back