Silent cases

By JohnR
Nov 11, 2005
  1. Looking to get a new case which will hopefully be quieter & better looking then my current case. I seen the other post with the thermaltake cases & they looked good, i am also looking into water cooling some time so it would be nice to have a case that could facilitate that, any suggestions??
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Some quiet cases use padding inside to buffer the noise, while others use design ideas and less fans.

Here is a great one that uses buffering to keep things quiet. It is a very high quality case but note it comes with no power supply:

Here is one that uses less fans, and designing to keep quiet. It is the one I own, and I am happy with it. It depends on your budget really. It comes with a high quality power supply as well, so for the price this is an amazing deal.

Both are about the same price, but the latter comes with the power supply. The first one however is a higher quality case, just be sure to get a decent power supply if you go that route (don't buy a no name PSU, you will regret it. Not to mention that the PSU is where a lot of your noise is going to come from).
  3. JohnR

JohnR TS Rookie Topic Starter

Those look good, but i should be receiving my new Cpu & mobo soon & dont want to have to wait any longer for delivery to the uk. I have deceided to get the thermaltake Kandalf, but cant find a uk dealer that sells them in black, anyone know a place??(uk preferably)
  4. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 482

Contact Thermaltake and they will give you a list of U.K. vendors...

patio. :cool:
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Take a look HERE or HERE

Regards Howard :) :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.