TechSpot

Silent Circle, Lavabit to take back email privacy with Dark Mail Alliance

By Jos
Oct 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Silent Circle and Lavabit may have abruptly shut down in August amid growing pressure from the National Security Agency to hand over user information, but that doesn’t mean they’ve given up on secure email services. Rather, the two are teaming...

Read more

2. Khanonate

Khanonate TS Member Posts: 96   +8

What's going to stop the government from asking for the key to their SCIMP algorithm and using Quantum
    computers to break the XMPP messaging protocol? And if you think there's no working quantum computers out there, you'll be in for a big surprised...if only I can have one so I can play BF4 while crunching the age of the universe and pi to the exabytes.

3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,188   +244

Oh they exist just not worth the extra cost for yr 1980-2000 performance, Whats stopping them from handing over the key? probably a few things including one which is to say no to the government.

If I was the US government I would be peeing my pants right now I doubt they even care about this right now specially as they are basically on hot water as they are very close to being enemies with ooh I don't know 35 world leaders.

I dont see why companies feel pressured by the government specially when its a tech company they NEED the cash from them by taxes etc. if they moved then the US just lost a massive amount of valuable income, if they keep pushing companies WILL move and it will make other companies extremely angry.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.