TechSpot

Silent Hill 3

By LNCPapa
Oct 29, 2003
  1. I downloaded the demo to this game - it looks truly amazing! SH1 was a pretty freaky game, but I haven't played through this demo yet - I was just in awe because of the way it looks. Here's a screenie - IT IS NOT FROM FVM - it's rendered realtime.

[​IMG]

Just amazing - and it still looks like this when I play.

2. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Posts: 155

WOW! Where can i get the demo from? I must see this for myself!

3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

You can get it at several places. GamersHell, 3DGamers, FileRush, or FileShack, just to name a few. I usually use GamersHell, because of less waiting tiime.

Be warned though, it's a big download, 444 to almost 470 MB's, depending where you get it from. I think the difference is multilanguage support.

4. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Posts: 155

Thats no problem... Im on RPIs network.... plenty of Bandwith! :) Thanks for the info!

5. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

Hey Olefarte, the Fileshack link got mixed with the FileRush link. Just thought I'd let you know :p. They are both pointing to the same website :).

6. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

Thanks, Acid. It's fixed now.

7. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

I just downloaded and I must say, this is one freaky game! It is VERY odd and I know nothing of Silent Hill 1 and 2 so I am a bit lost as to what is going on. One thing I noticed is that the menu's have *really* bad graphics, and the in-game has pretty nice graphics but it seems kinda pixelated sort of (just like in the picture above that Papa posted). Why is that???

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.