TechSpot

Silent Hill 3

By LNCPapa
Oct 29, 2003
  1. I downloaded the demo to this game - it looks truly amazing! SH1 was a pretty freaky game, but I haven't played through this demo yet - I was just in awe because of the way it looks. Here's a screenie - IT IS NOT FROM FVM - it's rendered realtime.

[​IMG]

Just amazing - and it still looks like this when I play.

2. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Posts: 136

WOW! Where can i get the demo from? I must see this for myself!

3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

You can get it at several places. GamersHell, 3DGamers, FileRush, or FileShack, just to name a few. I usually use GamersHell, because of less waiting tiime.

Be warned though, it's a big download, 444 to almost 470 MB's, depending where you get it from. I think the difference is multilanguage support.

4. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Posts: 136

Thats no problem... Im on RPIs network.... plenty of Bandwith! :) Thanks for the info!

5. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,350

Hey Olefarte, the Fileshack link got mixed with the FileRush link. Just thought I'd let you know :p. They are both pointing to the same website :).

6. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

Thanks, Acid. It's fixed now.

7. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,350

I just downloaded and I must say, this is one freaky game! It is VERY odd and I know nothing of Silent Hill 1 and 2 so I am a bit lost as to what is going on. One thing I noticed is that the menu's have *really* bad graphics, and the in-game has pretty nice graphics but it seems kinda pixelated sort of (just like in the picture above that Papa posted). Why is that???

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.