TechSpot

Silent PurePower 480w PSU

By librium
Jan 28, 2008
  1. I have been using this power supply for a couple years now and have recently moved it from one machine to another. I never hooked up the manual control fan that i used previously on the other machine. I havent experienced any problems yet, but i am starting to wonder if the fan on the power supply is working on an automatic mode, or even at all? i have looked around for the manual of this psu online as i no longer have the packaging or any information on this power supply, and have found nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. turbo1

turbo1 TS Maniac Posts: 360

if you're referring to a dual fan PSU (one fan at the back & one at the bottom of the PSU case),& known to be functioning in an automatic mode,then,the one at the bottom will only switch on & spin when it senses heat inside your cpu case.

the fan at the back should always spin everytime you power-up your computer. :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.