SimCity 2000 is the Most Important Game I've Ever Played

Am I reading someones diary here?

"I’m sure this reads like the diary of an attendee at the Academy for Loathsome Dictators."

Technically yes :p
I wanted to attend that academy myself but I would've had to contend with the likes of Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin but realized I'd be insignificant and absolutely no competition to them so I was forced to look elsewhere if I was to make my mark. I'm still looking...

Last edited:
SimCity 2000 is still, IMHO, the best in the franchise (although 3000 comes in right behind it). I must confess, I also would use the "negative interest loan" cheat to make sure I had plenty of money coming in...but I also tended to get a bit ahead of myself & would occasionally have to wait for the cash to build up.

SC2K was my favorite game also. If I blog about it maybe it too can become a featured article on TechSpot

SimCity 2000 is still, IMHO, the best in the franchise (although 3000 comes in right behind it). I must confess, I also would use the "negative interest loan" cheat to make sure I had plenty of money coming in...but I also tended to get a bit ahead of myself & would occasionally have to wait for the cash to build up.

2000 has the popularity and the nostalgia. But make no mistake, 3000 is just really really good. I'd never go back to 2000 after playing 3000.

Sim City 4 was the best when it had some performance flaws ironed out. How EA managed to make Sim City 2013 far inferior 10 years later is one of the great mysteries of the universe

"I’m sure this reads like the diary of an attendee at the Academy for Loathsome Dictators."

I wanted to attend that academy myself but I would've had to contend with the likes of Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin but realized I'd be insignificant and absolutely no competition to them so I was forced to look elsewhere if I was to make my mark. I'm still looking...

From your username, you are already making your mark......

Back