TechSpot

SimCity launch screwed up a second time, Mac version riddled with bugs

By Shawn Knight
Aug 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It’s been nearly six months since SimCity launched on the PC where it was met with a whole host of issues. Maxis and EA eventually got things under control and even offered early adopters a free game for their troubles...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,193   +246

Thats what you get when you work for a lazy company with lazy developers... seriously how hard is it to make a game without any launch problems... seems like rocket science to these guys its pathetic.

3. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 560   +150

...Did they even test the game out on different configurations and whatnot?

avoidz and wastedkill like this.
  4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

EA should just give up.

5. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

If they screw up NHL14 or BF4, I'm done with EA.

6. Who cares ? its only mac.

7. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 639   +127

Laziness is just flowing through the air conditioning in the EA offices these days.

I'm in quite the dilemma now. I don't know whether to point and laugh at EA or the mac users who still bought Babys First SimCity after the PC debacle.

8. JC713

BF4 looks good because it is being dictated by DICE mostly. NHL14 should be the same as usual. NFL25 for iOS sucks though. The free to play garbage ruined it.

9. Jamlad

Jamlad TS Rookie

Sure why bother with that when you can get your end users (customers) to do the beta testing for you?

McNasty likes this.
  10. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TS Enthusiast Posts: 241   +7

Millions of ppl say the same sh*t every year and the same millions of people come back and buy games from EA again in the future.

11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

What you people must remember is that EA's poor employees main objectives is to make money, keep shareholders & EA execs happy (they have several luxury houses, several luxury condo's, several luxury vehicles plus a bad drug habit to support you know) and they need your money to do just that. The problems associated with the release are just minor annoyances that can be solved with a bit of lip service & a free game that's already turned a profit for them.

avoidz and McNasty like this.

12. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,284   +157

Wonder how many of these customers will take advantage of the new origin full refund policy.

Kudos to EA for that.

ghasmanjr likes this.
  13. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

Do people really play games on Macs? I guess the Pro's have some graphical grunt but the rest? they're not really "gaming grade" laptops? Hell a lot of them are using Intel's in-built graphics!

Although I have to admit, it is crazy nobody checked it works on the latest Mac OS, as Fimbles said, I hope people are getting their money back to hurt their pocket and therefore, stop this from happening again.

14. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 921   +57

I guess I'll buy the pc version and bootcamp it on my wifes mac mini so she can play.

15. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

NHL14 is using a new physics engine that actually makes hits realistic. The demo is pretty awesome, I just hope they don't screw things up with their "pay to win" philosophy. Apparently, if you have money, you're a better hockey team.
    I have over 460 hours in BF3. If they ruin my favorite pc game, I will be done. I can guarantee that.

16. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Enthusiast Posts: 133   +38

I said that after Mass Effect 3 and I didn't come back. Granted, it helps that the only game I was interested in after that was SimCity and I could see that disaster coming months away.

17. JC713

The hype makes us excited and we buy it.

18. McNasty

McNasty TS Rookie Posts: 33

The only game I own from EA is BF3 and now since I'm hooked on Arma III they can kiss my black @$$.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.