simple 0x7b error gone WAY bad... :(

By lilott8
Aug 31, 2006
  1. so i install vista RC-1 on a normal IDE HDD i then plug my Sata drive in and i get a wretched BSoD...

thats the preface.
    heres the problem:

i go back to my XP hard drive (the Sata Drive) and i get a 0x7B BSoD with a 0x34 secondary, not a big problem at all, just need to redo the Boot.ini file!! so i load up the old XP recovery Console and i get it going and when i get the option to load the XPRC (hit "r" to run recovery console) it cant find a HDD... so now im just curious, and i try to fresh install a clean copy keeping my current settings, still no HDD. Heres the even trickier part...if i let it run to the loader, it gives the great: "windows recovered from a serious error how would u like to boot screen". ill select ANYTHING and instant BSOD. Ive tried to insert a clean INI file through linux but i cant get permissions to the partitions...
    and i know this should be a real easy fix...
  2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

your SATA drive may require drivers to work in dos.
  3. lilott8

lilott8 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ive installed to this sata drive before, using the same CD, thats what i dont get :( i actually just fresh installed this last july, i just dont get it..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.