Simple Backup Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisL

I am looking for cheap simple backup software that i can use to back up all my data files and folders to an external hard drive. This must have the ability to schedule daily backups and to only save the files that have changed since the last back up. i DO NOT want a solution that creates one file eg .bkf from windows XP that can be used to restore. I want to be able to use the hard drive remotely to access the files and folders on other computers. There must be some software out there that can provide scheduled backups of simple files and folders? All the ones i v seen try to package them into one file which can only be resored.

Maybe you can schedule a task in windows xp to just save the data files to the external hard drive every night?

I recommend you to try Acronis True Image. I think it is the best home backup solution for now especially since you have an external drive. I don't think you'll find anything better for that price (you can purchase True Image for $30 on newegg.com).

Synchronisation software was actually what i was looking for and settled for one called ViceVersa, seems to work fine.

Yes, file synch is the approach you're looking for.

Under the Reviews by Members, see also Allway Sync.
I use this to replicate selected files (ie NOT MS!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back