simple pc user looking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i have a problem with a link page that keeps popping up when i log onto the internet (dialup, too far away from the exchange for broadband) and open up internet explorer for the first time during that session. a window that has the address 540.filost . . . keeps coming up. i want to get rid of it.

i have no idea how it got there, one day it just started doing it.

ps. i googled the phrase "540.filost" and it took me to a thread here that said a whole lot of stuff i didn't understand.

also, my apologies if i posted this in the wrong place.

you could download CCleaner, im pretty sure it may get rid of it. Other than that I can't offer much other help as I dont know exactly what the file does.

could you post a screen shot of it? HMM dial-up you say, mabey you should use your browser that came with your isp.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds like your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of bellfamily3 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Follow the instructions I gave you and post the requested logfiles. Otherwise, I can`t help you.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bellfamily3 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back