Simple sign on question XP - I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitnlit

I just loaded new printer drivers and when that happened when I signed on my system suddenly my XP system now doesn't just load. It stops at a sign on screen. I don't need to enter a password, but just hit ENTER. It will then start, but I've NEVER had to do that before. I always just powered up my system and my desktop all loaded. Now it's stopping at the sign on screen...it's driving me nuts. What do I have to do to circumvent that step? I hold the administrator account too.
Maryann

Start, Control Panel, User Accounts, change the way users log on and off, check both boxes and click 'apply options'

Actually, it's a bit more complicated than what the person above explained. You need to run a special command program which offhand I can't remember, which lanuches a special account setings where you select it not to display a welcome screen. Instead, there is a special program that you install called TweakUI (tweakui.exe) which is an XP PowerToy by MIcrosoft. It puts all the different UI selections in one program. In there you can deselect the Welcome Screen on startup.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

So you are saying I have to INSTALL ANOTHER PROGRAM to change the setting? I don't even know how it got changed in the first place?

Some drivers do it (i dont know why)

Happened to me lots of times and i just deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back