TechSpot

SIMS 2 and Directx 10 working???

By djruss
Jan 6, 2007
  1. I have Sims 2 but every time I try to play it, a messege comes up saying:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

Everwhere Iv looked they say Sims 2 works with Windows Vista but i get the Failed Messege above. i also have
    X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse it works with a few flickers from time to time !! That im not mad at since the GeForce 7800 graphics Drivers are BETA but the sims game did start once when i changed my hook up typ from s video to Component Video to my 52 in HDTV but windows fliped out on me and i couldnt see anything had to reboot and go back to s video.

I know when i first got my GeForce 7800 i was useing a Gateway 2000 DL31-1 32" Monitor that i had to change the driver to a windows driver for the sims 2 to play but thats all i can come up with any help would be great thanks russ

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.