Sims 2 and Windows Vista Premium-do they work together?

By lmrobinson65
Jan 29, 2008
  1. My name is lmrobinson65 and new to the techspot forums.

We purchased a new HP computer on Black Friday last year and it has Vista Premium. I just got around to installing my Sims 2 games. The speed is semi-OK but the graphics come out weird. Are the game and Vista premium compatible?

I would be disappointed if they aren't although I have heard that gaming on Vista period has been difficult for others.
  2. Crosscourt

Crosscourt TS Rookie Posts: 72

double post.....
  3. Crosscourt

Crosscourt TS Rookie Posts: 72

Im running Sims 2 on Vista right now and I run it in winxp compatibility mode and it runs fine.
    Im using a 7600gs Nvidia video card with the most recent driver from nvidia.

I believe your thread is also in the wrong forum........
    not anymore
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Yes, they should be. "Weird graphics" usually means graphics card driver incompatibilities (or wrong driver settings). What graphics card does that computer have?

I have only the first Sims 2 (European DVD version) without any addons, but it works fine in Vista Ultimate 64-bit without having to set any XP compatibility settings. Of course the game has the latest patch as well, I don't know if that helps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.