Sims 2 and Windows Vista Premium-do they work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is lmrobinson65 and new to the techspot forums.

We purchased a new HP computer on Black Friday last year and it has Vista Premium. I just got around to installing my Sims 2 games. The speed is semi-OK but the graphics come out weird. Are the game and Vista premium compatible?

I would be disappointed if they aren't although I have heard that gaming on Vista period has been difficult for others.

Im running Sims 2 on Vista right now and I run it in winxp compatibility mode and it runs fine.
Im using a 7600gs Nvidia video card with the most recent driver from nvidia.

I believe your thread is also in the wrong forum........
not anymore
--Mictlantecuhtli

lmrobinson65 said:
We purchased a new HP computer on Black Friday last year and it has Vista Premium. I just got around to installing my Sims 2 games. The speed is semi-OK but the graphics come out weird. Are the game and Vista premium compatible?
Yes, they should be. "Weird graphics" usually means graphics card driver incompatibilities (or wrong driver settings). What graphics card does that computer have?

I have only the first Sims 2 (European DVD version) without any addons, but it works fine in Vista Ultimate 64-bit without having to set any XP compatibility settings. Of course the game has the latest patch as well, I don't know if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back