Sims 2 dirext x problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauzool

ok I so I get an error where it says I dont have a DirextX 9 compatible graphics adapter. and I have Ge force 6200 I went here and it says I can run game and it passed test ive looked everywhere and everything i try doesnt work. Can someone help me?

Using Internet Explorer browser go here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Select Option 2

Select either Graphics Drivers (for a plugged in card) or Motherboard Drivers (for onboard Video)

Re-Download the full driver package

Re-install the full driver package (actually it is advised to remove the old one first, through Add/Remove programs)

For further help:

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Please reply back with the result (either way)

ok drivers say this Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time and my specs I put in profile for you to see so far nothing has changed.

Yes, but uninstall them anyway. Then re-install the new downloded ones.
Because they come with DirectX, which should resolve your issue.

Also in your Profile confirm that you answered Yes, underneath this:
Would you like to show other members your computer specs? Default is (NO) This will be displayed in your posts via a drop down menu for other members to view. Add your system specs in your usercp Edit options.

ok I uninstaled and then reinstaled video drivers and that didnt work so I uninstaled all the expansions and just tried playing sims 2 without them and it worked.

my wife plays sims2 as well and from what i have read on some of the expansions they have a higher requirment graphically at times depending on the expansion pack than just the game itself. could be an issue maybe? system sounds like it should be able to run it though, i mean its sims2 not crysis. what sims expansions are you trying to play in particular? directX is a pain sometimes.

Bonvoyage and teen life are main ones but I cant get it to work with any of others to i got all of them

Hi
Just wondering i am getting that message with a
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
which is in vista and saying not compatiable been looking on the internet and nothing.
Thank YOu

Hey,

I am having the same problem. I have tried pretty much all the suggestions I found where people have had this problem and nothing works. I did the DIag and the name is blank, Manufacturer N/A and Chipset N/A it did stated that it was using a generic drive but I am not sure how this is possible because my husband plays civilization 4 or 5 and doesn't have any trouble however I deleted that game so that I could free up space for uploading of the SIMS2. This is really frustrating. Can anyone help me?

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/1/2008, 22:17:19
Machine name: LA-A2AC69E4E96B
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DV051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 502MB RAM
Page File: 415MB used, 811MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.
Please let me know or if you need any more info please let me know.

Driver 9.0 sims2

Hey,

I am having the same problem. I have tried pretty much all the suggestions I found where people have had this problem and nothing works. I did the DIag and the name is blank, Manufacturer N/A and Chipset N/A it did stated that it was using a generic drive but I am not sure how this is possible because my husband plays civilization 4 or 5 and doesn't have any trouble however I deleted that game so that I could free up space for uploading of the SIMS2. This is really frustrating. Can anyone help me?

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/1/2008, 22:17:19
Machine name: LA-A2AC69E4E96B
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DV051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 502MB RAM
Page File: 415MB used, 811MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.
Please let me know or if you need any more info please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back