Sims 2 Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I recently got a new computer equipped with Windows 7 on it. I installed my Sims 2 games on it, and successfully played the game once. After that, it gave me the following error message everytime I attempted to play it:

'Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.'

System Info: (Computer is a Studio XPS 8100)
Mircrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
4-Core Intel (i7 CPU) Processor 2.80 GHz
Directx version 11
GeForce GTS 240 (Graphics Card)
6.00 GB of RAM

I tried to run the game with compatibility of:
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Neither of these worked.
(Previously I had an XP, on which my games worked fine)

I also tried to run the graphics card at 16-bit, rather than 32-bit, which was the highest, but it made no difference.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!

I'm not sure why so many people seem to have problems with Sims 2 after it ran fine before but not now but it appears to happen a lot. If you haven't already, try installing the most recent graphics driver available from the Nvidia website. Uninstall the old driver first through Add and Remove Programs rather than from the Device Manager. See if that helps.

DirectX11 has many problems, although it's a great piece of software for next generation games such as BFBC2. It has compatability issues with older games, in your case Sims 2.

DirectX versions 7-9 work best with older games. Update your Graphics card and maybe install DX9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back