Sims 2 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskjackson

I've read others with problems and frustrations with the Sims 2, and many seem to deal with possible video card conflicts. I'm running the game on a system that is at the low end of the specs for the game (800 P-III), but have 512 Ram and have updated by video and audio card drivers to the latest versions. Video card is the GeForce FX 5200 and the game has improved some, but still getting the freeze up on the computer after a while. I haven't experimented with adjustments on the video card settings, but was wondering if there's anyone that had the same problem and what video settings you changed to make the game run better? Also, I've seen some questions on possible problems with heat or voltage...how can I find out that info for my computer and video card? Trying to get the Sims 2 game to run better has prompted me to become more interested in what goes on inside the computer and led me to this site. Thanks for any advice...

well sims 2 is the most graphic dammminding game out there (other then doom3 and UT 2004) and the onlything u could do i think is to close all runing prosses (other then the anit virice, firewall, and all windows proccess) other then buying a new computer i see there being no way to improbe proformance

p.s did you try to lower it down to the lowist setting????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back