Sims 2 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI EVERYONE AND ANYONE. I BOUGHT MY DAUGHTER SIMS 2 OVER SIX MONTHS AGO. SHE NOW HAS A LAPTOP. WHEN I TRIED TO INSTALL I GOT TO THE THIRD DISK UP TO 76 PERCENT INSTALLED AND THEN IT SAID

TSData\Res\Sound\RnB. package from the media could not be installed and that i have to retry or cancel. ive cleaned the disk over and over, restarted it over and over again, and even tried the install on different computers and still got the message.

any ideas besides buying another. if i find someone elso with a third disk would that work?

Hey ndomue, I'm replying to this post because i've previously had a similar problem on my laptop. What I found unusual however, was that I could install it on my PC without a problem, so from this i knew there wasn't a problem with the disc but perhaps the drive... however the laptop drive worked fine with other discs.

The setup here though is probably slightly different to yours, my Sims2 was backed up onto four cd's instead of the original DVD because unfortunately I lost the DVD and didn't have a DVDRW to make a direct DVD Copy.

I later upgraded my PC drive from CDROM to DVD. After re-installing windows and having to re-install Sims2, I found out the same problem, get's to 76% and has problems copying the file.

From this I found out that for some reason the DVD drive's won't and can't copy that specific file from the disc, I have no idea why, but if your laptop has a DVD ROM drive and the discs CDROM, then for some reason Sims2 finds a problem, maybe it happens with the original DVD aswell? I don't know but that's what I found anyway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back