TechSpot

Sims 2 - PLEASE HELP - Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c -

By miamai
Jan 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know, I know, there are so many like this, but NONE of the other threads i've seen, or any specific forums or threads for this have helped.

When I first bought the sims 2, I installed it on my computer, and it said
    " Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

Well, 1 and 1/2 years later, I installed it on my new computer. It worked perfectly fine. Suddenly, one day, it said the same thing! I really REALLY want it to work again! Please Help! None of the other forums or threads seem to be doing any good for me. Please, I will be eternally grateful if you help me out. I'm not sure what you need to know for my system specs (Im not exactly great with computers) but heres a bit of information?

(I know you prob. need way more info, but tell me how I can get it, and i'll post it ><")

Microsoft windos XP Professional
    Computer itel® Celeron ® cpu 2.00 ghz
    2.00 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
    Intel® graphics platform (softBIOS) driver
    Intel® graphics Chipset (KCH) driver

PLEASE help, I will REALLY appreciate it!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.