Sims 2 System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I went on System Requirements Lab and tested my computer for Sims 2 and found that I passed the recommended requirements, however when I tested for the Sims 2 holiday edition my computer failed as I didn't have Video HW Transform & Lighting. Isn't the holiday edition the same as the original game but with extra add-ons? Just wondering, because I can't find the Sims 2 game, if I bought the holiday edition could it still run?

In that case, since your system failed the requirements for the Sims Holiday edition, it looks to me like a graphics card upgrade might be in order.

What graphics card do you presently have?

Regards Howard :)

I have Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset)

In the system requirements test, I was only lacking the T&L and Im wondering if it could still run without it...

I don`t think you can run the game with that graphics card, however it wouldn`t hurt to try. If it won`t run, you`ll know for a fact you need a new graphics card.

Regards Howard :)

Hey, thanks guys for the replies. I bought the game and fortunately it works properly so far...one question though I can't get into the Sims 2 Body Shop, everytime I open it I get an error that says: "Direct3D returned an error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL! The application will now terminate..." Any idea what that means?

I'm guessing its my graphics card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back