TechSpot

Sims 2 System Requirements

By newbie1234
Jan 27, 2007
  1. Hey, I went on System Requirements Lab and tested my computer for Sims 2 and found that I passed the recommended requirements, however when I tested for the Sims 2 holiday edition my computer failed as I didn't have Video HW Transform & Lighting. Isn't the holiday edition the same as the original game but with extra add-ons? Just wondering, because I can't find the Sims 2 game, if I bought the holiday edition could it still run?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this Sims thread HERE. Maybe it`ll help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. newbie1234

newbie1234 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes thank you, I have read that. Still not sure if my system will run on the game though.

4. howard_hopkinso

In that case, since your system failed the requirements for the Sims Holiday edition, it looks to me like a graphics card upgrade might be in order.

What graphics card do you presently have?

Regards Howard :)

5. newbie1234

I have Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset)

In the system requirements test, I was only lacking the T&L and Im wondering if it could still run without it...

6. howard_hopkinso

I don`t think you can run the game with that graphics card, however it wouldn`t hurt to try. If it won`t run, you`ll know for a fact you need a new graphics card.

Regards Howard :)

7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

You should be able to run it with that. GMA900 graphics chip has all the features needed for Sims 2.

Maybe you don't have the right drivers ?

8. newbie1234

Hey, thanks guys for the replies. I bought the game and fortunately it works properly so far...one question though I can't get into the Sims 2 Body Shop, everytime I open it I get an error that says: "Direct3D returned an error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL! The application will now terminate..." Any idea what that means?

I'm guessing its my graphics card...

9. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.