TechSpot

Sims 2 System Requirements

By newbie1234
Jan 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, I went on System Requirements Lab and tested my computer for Sims 2 and found that I passed the recommended requirements, however when I tested for the Sims 2 holiday edition my computer failed as I didn't have Video HW Transform & Lighting. Isn't the holiday edition the same as the original game but with extra add-ons? Just wondering, because I can't find the Sims 2 game, if I bought the holiday edition could it still run?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this Sims thread HERE. Maybe it`ll help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. newbie1234

newbie1234 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes thank you, I have read that. Still not sure if my system will run on the game though.
  4. howard_hopkinso

In that case, since your system failed the requirements for the Sims Holiday edition, it looks to me like a graphics card upgrade might be in order.

What graphics card do you presently have?

Regards Howard :)
  5. newbie1234

I have Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset)

In the system requirements test, I was only lacking the T&L and Im wondering if it could still run without it...
  6. howard_hopkinso

I don`t think you can run the game with that graphics card, however it wouldn`t hurt to try. If it won`t run, you`ll know for a fact you need a new graphics card.

Regards Howard :)
  7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

You should be able to run it with that. GMA900 graphics chip has all the features needed for Sims 2.

Maybe you don't have the right drivers ?
  8. newbie1234

Hey, thanks guys for the replies. I bought the game and fortunately it works properly so far...one question though I can't get into the Sims 2 Body Shop, everytime I open it I get an error that says: "Direct3D returned an error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL! The application will now terminate..." Any idea what that means?

I'm guessing its my graphics card...
  9. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.