Sims 2 woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HISRADEON9550

I've recently installed Sims 2 on my computer, and though its weird, it does work ... Kind of...

All of the walls/ ground, etc is purple-pink, no textures shown and flashing to black and back to pink. My computer is a bit over the minimum specs, so I dont understand this weird graphical issue... Any ideas? Thanks

(I've attatched a screenshot of the issue)

Attachments

• oddity.JPG
    oddity.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 7
Yessir, first thing I've tried. Not sure if its a video card or on-board, but I believe it is a video card, under the Display Adapters.

Still been trying to fix it... Still no luck :\

If you look in the Guide in my signature below, follow it and post your system specs please :) .

Go this this website:
www.systemrequirementslab.com and run the test for The Sims 2

If you get recommended you system might need updated video drivers, 1st see if you have a Videocard or a Integrated chipset which you can see from the test above!

Integrated would be something like "Intel e8751423 graphics chipset"
and Videocard would be like "ATI x1650xt pro"

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

TimeParadoX said:
Go this this website:
www.systemrequirementslab.com and run the test for The Sims 2

If you get recommended you system might need updated video drivers, 1st see if you have a Videocard or a Integrated chipset which you can see from the test above!

Integrated would be something like "Intel e8751423 graphics chipset"
and Videocard would be like "ATI x1650xt pro"

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)

Helped a lot acually, now I know for sure, that it surpasses the specs

CPU Speed - 4/6 bars
System RAM - 6/6 bars
Operating System - 6/6 bars
Video Card - 3/6 bars
Direct X Version - Pass
Sound Card - Pass
Free Disk Space - 6/6 bars
DVD - Pass

Everything passed. 2 bars are bare minimum. Closest thing I could think of is the Video Card, because it doesn't pass by much.

My graphics card is a SiS M760GX using driver version 6.14.10.3780

Now, I got the program from a friend, and it was on a burned CD, but, on my other computer, it runs 100% fine.

Thanks a lot for the help, I feel a step closer, be it a small one, to solving this oddity

Make sure that all your Video Card Drivers are updated, as well as DirectX 9.0c. Good Luck :wave: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back