TechSpot

Sims Deluxe Edition Loading Problems

By fatboyq1
Feb 26, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We unistalled Sims Deluxe then reinstalled it on Windows XP. Now it wont load properly - the loading screen gets as far as "calculating emotional weights" stays there for about a minute, then screen blanks and returns to the desktop. Any help out there would be very welcome...thanks in advance
  2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

This is from here - http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html?content=./support/index.html

The game locks up, freezes or crashes while installing or starting the game. How do I prevent this?

Close any other applications and disable virus protection before installing or starting The Sims.

In addition, you may need to end any background tasks in order for the game to run stably.

To do this, hold [Ctrl] and [Alt] and then tap the [Delete] key. This should bring up the “Close Programs” window. Highlight any unnecessary application and press “End Task”. Repeat this procedure to close any other programs excluding “Explorer” and “Systray”, then try installing or starting the game again.
  3. kaitlin_d

kaitlin_d TS Rookie

I'm having the same problem. When the sims is loading, it gets to "Calculating The Emotional Weights," and it goes black, then goes right back to my screen saver. Every time! How do I fix this? Help!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.