Sims Deluxe Edition Loading Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
We unistalled Sims Deluxe then reinstalled it on Windows XP. Now it wont load properly - the loading screen gets as far as "calculating emotional weights" stays there for about a minute, then screen blanks and returns to the desktop. Any help out there would be very welcome...thanks in advance

This is from here - http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html?content=./support/index.html

The game locks up, freezes or crashes while installing or starting the game. How do I prevent this?

Close any other applications and disable virus protection before installing or starting The Sims.

In addition, you may need to end any background tasks in order for the game to run stably.

To do this, hold [Ctrl] and [Alt] and then tap the [Delete] key. This should bring up the “Close Programs” window. Highlight any unnecessary application and press “End Task”. Repeat this procedure to close any other programs excluding “Explorer” and “Systray”, then try installing or starting the game again.

I'm having the same problem. When the sims is loading, it gets to "Calculating The Emotional Weights," and it goes black, then goes right back to my screen saver. Every time! How do I fix this? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back