sims2 help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
my daughter is having trouble with Sims2. Basically the computer has been upgraded and ahs the spec to run Sims2 and this has been checkes by pc world. The computer runs fine in every other way except when trying to play sims 2 when she creates a person the comp freezes. Have tries reloading game, deleting game etc, Only seems to freeze when she tries to create a person, any ideas please

sorry for the typos just frustrated with daughters comp!. If any one can help it would be great to give an update the comp has had RAM increased, a new ati radeon 9550card and I purchased a new sims2 incase old disk was faulty! Now do not know what to do

We definately need more system specs in order to help determine the cause. It would also be good if you can better describe precisely what happens... by "freeze", do you mean you have to power-off/reset the PC? Does CTRL-ALT-DEL bring up the task manager? etc.etc.

You can determine your system info by either: a) downloading Everest or b) Start Menu, Run, type: dxdiag
If you click on the "Save all Information" button, save this to a file and zip it. You can then attach this file to a post here.. or simply pull it into notepad and copy/paste say the first 1/4-1/2 of it here in a post.

is this any good

Thanks shark. She has an emachine intel p4 2.8ghz, 712 Ram, MS6714 motherboard,80GB maxor hardrive, NEC dvd , new radeon 9550 grapicand Realistic ac97 sound card.

The only way to get comp ing when it freezes to turn it off. Ctl alt del does not work when it freezes

What are the specs, just the bare minimum for the game or higher. Also are you running any expansion packs with the game or just the core sims 2.

cd

no i even boughtanother copy in case the original disk as faulty. Have tried unplugging all from her comp and just plugging in the monitor, keyboard and mouse with no other programs runningseems to go ok until she tries to create a person!

not aware of a patch. will try that on her computer tomorrow when she is awake and i can turn it on. Thanks Nick and fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back