SiS 760 driver problem with Flight Simulator 2004 instrument panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my first post to this site. I've recently been upgrading everything I can find on my PC that I don't have to pay for, and so far I've added a significant amount of performance with simple things like driver updates. The only problem I've had so far is with the SiS 760 that is built into my computer. I updated the driver first using an update I found on microsoft's site, and it increased my framerate on flight simulator 2004 by about 7-15 fps. I was ecstatic at the speed increase, until I switched to ****pit view and the instrument panel looked like this...(my post count is 0 so i can't directly link the image, replace the underscores with periods)
i43_photobucket_com/albums/e384/gnomepuntz/FS2004SS1_jpg

I rolled back the driver and the problem went away. Then I searched around and went to the SiS official site. I downloaded a driver that was newer than the one on microsoft's site and the problem came back again. I think it has something to do with overlays, but they didnt put a lot of configuration options in the driver config util. The problem doesn't happen all the time, it will occur with one aircraft and then upon switching to another it will go away, and yet the next time i try it using an aircraft that didnt have the problem before, it will come back. I realize that the newest drivers are not always the best. I've searched this site's forum and a few other sites, and I've found many many threads with problems extremely similar to mine, for example with counterstrike or another game, some even with the same video hardware, but none of them seem to have a solution that I would be able to use.
So, if anyone has advice, besides rolling back the driver, I'd greatly appreciate it.
also...any specs you need me to post, ask and i'll reply, right now I need a cigarette :p

lol yeah i know, integrated devices suck....whenever I get tired of spending all my money on weed I'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back