Sis audio 7012 (963L chipset) problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

I am using a La Vie laptop model PC LG26NRCGM. The specifications in the manufacturer's web site indicated that the chipset is SiS 963L and that the audio device driver is SiS7012. I downloaded the specified driver but it won't work. a message appears on screen : "UpdateDriverFoPlugAndPlayDevices". What should I do. Please help...

ymai

Run an hardware inventory check using Everest or Belarc... either is available free with a Gurgle search.
Then see what the inventory reports as your sound hardware. Then do a Gurgle search to find the drivers... if it is AC'97, which I suspect, there are several varieties that will work...
Oftentimes it is necessary to download the drivers very carefully... You get the drivers, then click on them to unzip or unfold them... You need to know where the unzipped or unfolded driver set is being stored. Sometimes it is in a CAB file, but you need to know where it is on some computers.
Then you go to the Device Manager in Hardware of System in the Control Panel, and show the Device Manager where to find the audio drivers. When you click on that location, Device Manager takes care of getting them installed.
Good luck. Let us know what happened.

i just had a hardware check using belarc. it's annoying to find out that audio device is not detected. I also tried installing AC 97 driver but my system came to a sudden halt.

Is it possible the audio section of your laptop has burned out. Over-amplification will do that if you play too long and too loud.
Also, check the output socket to see if it appears loose.
Does anything about Audio show up in your Device Manager... such as a red or yellow flag... if so, do you know if that is the driver issue, or if the audio hardware has failed?

i guess i have figured out the problem. the audio hardware is intact. it is the driver. i tried the suggestion i read in this forum, to try to use realtek driver. it is not digitally signed by microsoft. and my laptop halts if installation is continued.

i guess driver signing is required for xp and vista. do you thing it would work if i change OS? Win2k of MEmaybe?

No. I used Realtek AC97 driver.
I tried SiS7012 before but to no avail. I had similar problems with other computers here. video is SiS 7012 but when I tried it using Realtex AC97 it worked.
I did the same to my laptop, It is the driver it looks for but it was unsigned and I am prompted to stop installing. If I continue, there is this STOP message in blue screen and the system freezes and reboots.

AAArrrggghhh

I have the same problem i installed xp pro , drivers for video and sound missing, managed to get video drivers from SIS download page , but when i tried to install the sound drivers error mesage -536870397. this pc is brand new and i am sooooooo angry with this anyone help????/

I have the same laptop PC LG26NRCGM and am having the same problem with my network and audio driver however i found the video driver. Has anyone found the right drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back