SiS735 compatability problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crampy

a coupla guys on here have already sort of told me this could be a compatability issue but i thought id see if anyone else had experience with this motherboard. its an ecs k7s5a with sis 735 chipset. amd 1.2. 512 sdram. 40 ghd. cd burner. its run fine with a prophet 4500 kyro2 64 meg card for 2 years but wouldnt play some of the newer games so i got a gainward geforce fx5600 256meg card. 'plug and play' apparently not. wierd colours. monitor turnin off. pc still runnin but display no good. only on 3d games tho? has anyone else had similar probs with this board? somebody told me it was fussy with the agp slot? cheers guys

it is most likely to be AGP related. Make sure you als ohave the latest GART drivers for your chipset. Also make sure that your motherboard can run AGP 8X cards. Some motherboards are fussy with some video adapters, make sure taht the card is fully compliant to all the standards to chipset supports. Some agp 8x cards will not function properly with a agp 4x slot, for power reasons. That should more than likely answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back