Sites don't load right Help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakaroto

Hi guys I have a problem with my internet connection, When I enter certain website some of the pictures won't load like www.msn.com the very top picture won't load and two other ones. This also goes for other website and on some websites I get forbidden 403 error first and when I refresh the website would load up and some of the pictures would load and some won't load. I use comcast cable high speed internet service. And my computers are also conneccted to a new linksys router. I have two computers that are doing the same thing on the same network. one runs on windows 98 second edition and one runs one xp pro. my friends that are using comcast and DON't use a router seems to load these pages fine. Could this be a setting problem for windows or my router???
plz Help
Thx

Do you happen to use proxy/cache servers?

Also, there are some ad-blocking programs that would stop loading of an image, if it doesn't start loading in a couple of seconds.

also I don't think I have ad block programs cuz it's a newly setup computer. what common ad blocking programs are out there?

I just had a look over at the msn site that you had problems with. From what I can tell, main msn image is a GIF file, whereas most of the others are JPEG. Seems like GIF's may be causing you problems (e.g. the msn logo).

What browser are you using?

Regardless, I've no idea why GIF's are not showing.

You can check proxy settings from Interent Options Connection tab. Select your connection's settings.

I can imagine this problem may be caused by some security settings. Have you set your internet security to 'high' or have you customized it?

well Nic you are right a lot of the pics are gif file and they are not showing up....thx for pointing out something I didn't realize but what's causing it could someone help?

Also I put all my security settings to low and it still don't work....

One more thing could a host file in the windows/system folder be causing this? In my other forum this one guy is having a similar problem and someone suggested that it might be a corrupted host file and I remember that I changed the host file myself when I installed the new verison of kazaalite in. Could the change in the host file be a problem? I gotta get a host file from my friend first to test this out.

I just found this thread through a search engine so I figured I'd post on it seeing how I am having a similar problem.

There is a site I frequent often that won't load whereas the others will. I use Mozilla Firefox and on occasion I will use Internet Explorer. Is there anything I could tweak to make the site work?

I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back