Sites requiring loopback to 127.0.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin

For some reason I find I cannot open some sites on my computer e.g. Google and mail.google and other sites I am a member of, but not all of them.

I think I've lost or deleted something or upset my Zone Alarm Pro settings.

Any ideas?

I did have a trojan which I got rid of, but I may have deleted something I shouldn't in the process:eek:

EDIT - I do have a trojan virus! It's called Win32.Monder.we .... and Zone Alarm Pro can't fix it .... and I can't Google it for a fix ....

Well a full scan using AVG seems to have fixed the trojan and given me access to my email once more. So the only question left is do I switch to AVG permanently and ditch Zone Alarm or not .... decisions decisions ....

Sites requiring loopback to 127.0.0.1?
Nothing external to your system can use the loopback interface by TCP design.

Some tools will bind to this address (like AVG Email Scanner), in which case your
email configuration gets modified:
Code:
email----[COLOR="Red"](x)[/COLOR]avg-proxy----[COLOR="Blue"](y)[/COLOR]isp email service
the (x) port and address are on 127.0.0.1 while
the proxy talks to the real email configuration (y) on the normal ports 25,110 for the isp email servers

there are several MS Services that attach to 127.0.0.1 for local operations.

AVG is a good anti virus and CAMANDO PRO is a good firewall and both are good and the firewall is a whole lot easier to set up than Zone Alarm. I would recommend both.

Well I've just put out £48 for AVG 8.0 so we'll see how good it's firewall is first before tryiing Kimono or Komodo or commando :D

For Sale 1 copy of Zone Alarm Pro with around 480 day unused license :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back