Size of free space on HDD has changed after system restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

kshroben

I did a system restore on my computer due to a driver misbehaving that was not allowing me to boot at the normal speed. After the restore, I attempted to delete some files that I had previously deleted because I needed to make some space on that drive. Before the deletion I had 24.6 gigabytes of free space on a drive that contained 57 gigs of info. Now when I go to my computer and click on the C: icon in order to assess the statistics, I notice that the amount of free space has changed to 53.3 gigabytes of info. However, all the programs and some of the data I had originally are all in place.

Can someone show me or give me a hint as to what happened and how to restore this disk to the original amount of free space.

Here are my specs:
Soyo Mobo PX400Ultra
Zenith Data systems CRT monitor
560 Watts Thermaltake Power supply
GEforce MX400 video card
Audigy 2 sound card
Primary IDE is c: 57 gigabytes HDD (the one that shows the difference in free space)
Secondary IDE Lite-On DVD RW drive
Terciary IDE: RAID 0 array containing 2 60 Gigs HDDs configured as G:
Thermaltake wireless keyboard and mouse
USB devices and LAN have been disabled in the BIOS

I did run Spybot and corrected a few problems.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
kshroben.

If everything is working, why do you want to have less free space?

Sounds like you got rid of 20GB of junk. Be happy I say.

tdeg said:
If everything is working, why do you want to have less free space?

Sounds like you got rid of 20GB of junk. Be happy I say.

Even though the programs appear to be there, it all works as if they had just been installed. When I try to run a program, it behaves as if I was running it for the first time. Also, the 20 gigs of data and programs was not all junk. It was usable data and programs and I need to bring it back to the way it was before this horror.

Can anyone tell if another system restore will bring the disk back to the way it was?

Thank you. Please help. I am at my wits end.

kshroben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back