Skipping problems on burned audio cds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Burner Help Needed

My burner is still working perfectly no problem there it's burning audio cd's that i am having trouble.They burn but i burn't on audio cd full of old tv themes that were all different bitrate's and there was 60 of them.I burn't them the first 24 worked fine but from 25 to 54 they were jittery and jumpy all the way through.What's going on burning at a lower speed to me would slove the problem but i can only burn at a minimum of 8 with my burner.I was wondering if i could burn below that speed with my burner evn though it says it's from 8x on up to 32x on the box.Would a diferent program let me burn at a lower speed and does it matter what kinda cd's i am using, if it does I am using high capacity Sony 32x Cd-r's.Can yah's help me out again i am sorry for buggin you guys again but you know i am desperate.

You could make them all .wav files before you burn them as an audio cd, maybe the program you are using to burn them couldn't deal with certain bitrates, or variable bit rates. Until I found out the version of nero I was using could deal with mp3s I used to always convert my mp3s to wavs before I burned them. I'm almost cerain this will work if that is indeed the problem.
You also mentioned high track numbers (anything above 24 I consider high), have you tried with another cd player? Maybe your cd player doesn't like going that high?

Are these "High capacity" CD-Rs 80min? or 90/99? Some CD players don't like 90/99 min CDs. The number of tracks shouldn't be a problem unless your player is from the 80's.

They are 80min high capacity and i used them in my friend's 1998 Cavalier Z24 with the built in Delco CD Player and then he tried them in his girlfriend's cd player in her house atleast i think so

Sometimes if you are making a CDR of audio filies, the older cd players might not play them. I know I had problems burning cds and playing them. But as far as only 24 of them working, it might be a setting in the cd player itself, because there usually aren't more than 24 songs on a regular cd.

The only time I've seen this is when the media was cheap. Sony should have good quality manufacturing facilities though, so I would imagine this is not the case.

Are you burning settings correct? Make sure you finalize the disc and I really suggest using a 3rd party converter to convert your MP3s (or whatever they are) to 44.1Khz/16-bit/Stereo WAV format. Then you should be able to burn them fine. If this does not work, then there's a much stranger problem.

Can someone name a good Converter to convert my files to wav format.I don't have any, and i am wondering where i can find a good one.

Originally posted by Ford_GT40
Can someone name a good Converter to convert my files to wav format.I don't have any, and i am wondering where i can find a good one.

I think you'd be pleased with Easy CD Extractor's File Converter. The program is mainly for copying CDs in digital format, but the file converter works very well, hosts a lot of different audio formats and is fairly simple to use.

http://www.tucows.com/mmedia/preview/218449.html

It's shareware though. There are probably some good file converters out there that are free, but I really don't know what file formats you need to convert from, so this supports a broad range of formats.

There's another one out there called DB PowerConverter which work fairly well, but it isn't quite as self-explanitory.

Originally posted by Ford_GT40
Anything that winamp can play (almost anything, midi and soem obscure formats) winamp can convert to wav. Winamp -> Options -> Preferences -> Output -> DiskWriter is what you need to select.

I had a problem with skipping (actually it was just that the sound was jumping) on a couple of CDs I burned, turned out that when I converted from mp3 there was enough difference in the quality of a few tracks to cause it to jump. I looked back at the mp3s and the ones that were causing the problems had been encoded at a lower bit-rate than the others. I guess this was enough for it to cause a problem when they were converted back to wav

If you don't want to convert the MP3s to .WAV files before burning to CD, try MusicMatch Jukebox Deluxe 7.0's built in CD burning software. Believe it or not, I've had better experience with MM 7.0 eliminating skipping on burns than I ever had with Roxio or Nero. I keep a copy of MusicMatch for this very reason.

Originally posted by SNGX1275

Anything that winamp can play (almost anything, midi and soem obscure formats) winamp can convert to wav. Winamp -> Options -> Preferences -> Output -> DiskWriter is what you need to select.

Careful though when you use the DiskWriter. Last time I tried it the WAV files it generated were distorted as WinAmp didn't control the sound output level.

Ford_GT40 said:
My burner is still working perfectly no problem there it's burning audio cd's that i am having trouble.They burn but i burn't on audio cd full of old tv themes that were all different bitrate's and there was 60 of them.I burn't them the first 24 worked fine but from 25 to 54 they were jittery and jumpy all the way through.What's going on burning at a lower speed to me would slove the problem but i can only burn at a minimum of 8 with my burner.I was wondering if i could burn below that speed with my burner evn though it says it's from 8x on up to 32x on the box.Would a diferent program let me burn at a lower speed and does it matter what kinda cd's i am using, if it does I am using high capacity Sony 32x Cd-r's.Can yah's help me out again i am sorry for buggin you guys again but you know i am desperate.
I have the exact same problem on a Sony VAIO laptop. It seems to be a problem only on the laptop, because I burned the exact same playlist from ITunes on the desktop computer and it worked fine. I also used the exact same blank CDs from the same lot. I am wondering if it is an overheating problem that is degrading the burn? Are you having the problem on a laptop or a desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back